Certified Public Accountant # 25116, North Carolina, CVA
John Kapelar joined Potter & Company in 1994 and became partner in 2001. John is currently the managing partner and oversees all four ofﬁces in the Charlotte Metro area. In this role, John is responsible for the operations of running the company as well as serving his clients. His client service includes tax, audit, cost segregation and business consulting work. John is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA). He is also very involved with recruiting for the ﬁrm.
John is originally from Stanley County and now makes his home, with his wife Sherry, in Midland, NC. He received a degree in Business Management from Wingate University.
John is active with community organizations and serves as treasurer of the Union Academy Foundation.
John and his wife enjoy all sports, being outside and especially cycling.
Professional and Business Activities
• North Carolina Association of Certiﬁed Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Chapter Charlotte Committee
- Governmental and Not for Profit Committee
• Past member of NCACPA Young CPA Cabinet
• American Institute of Certiﬁed Public Accountants (AICPA)
John W. Kapelar, CPA